For existing construction - to be retro fit into an existing drywalled 2x6 wall for upward exhaust venting. The Dryerbox
RB-500 is white powder coated and does not need to be painted. It includes two stainless steel #8x1" screws. Please review the instructions at this link
before purchasing as there may be obstacles and special tools needed. Since the majority of "mechanical walls" or walls behind the washer and dryer are deeper than 3.5 inches, to accommodate the 4 inch dryer conduit and other mechanical fittings it is likely the Model RB-500 Retro Fit will be the most appropriate and efficient option. The Model RB-500 exhibits a round hole or port.
- 22 gauge aluminized steel, click here for enlarged image
- Powder coated (similar to finish on dryer appliance)
- Top port measures 4 1/8" with very slight oval shape
- Distance from mounting flange to rear of box is 5 1/8"
- Overall measurements: 21" h x 11 1/2" w x 5.12" deep
- Inside measures 9 1/2" wide x 18 1/4" tall
- Two mounting 3/16" holes on bottom flange
- Two stainless steel #8x1" screws to secure to bottom plate
- Curved shoehorn-like assistance tool included (see Installation Tool Video)
Customer Story of a Retrofit Installation of the Dryerbox RB-500
Tips for cutting existing duct in the wall for retro-installation
View the Dryerbox RB-500 Product Specifications
View the Installation Instructions