- A damper design providing substantial defenses to bird and rodent entry
- Tuned design providing zero airflow resistance (no back pressure)
- Will meet the 2017 ICC code requiring that the passageway not diminish in size
- Duct cleaning accessible
- Small footprint and low profile "scoop" design
- A watertight extended collar for secure duct docking
- Heavy 26 gauge Galvalume® metal construction
- Nailing flange with rounded corners and 2 nail holes
- Equally suitable for new construction or retrofit installation
- Superb workmanship and pleasant eye appeal
- Available in powder coated in brown, black or white (see below)
airflow passageway increases 63% (12.56 sq. inch opening to 20.5)
through the DryerJack; this along with the curved damper provides zero
inches of water column pressure in real-life testing. Note: Not
recommended for use with high to medium-high profile roof tiles like
Barrel, Spanish S or S-Tile.
patented alloy of barrier-resistant aluminum and corrosion-fighting
zinc gives Galvalume its superior corrosion resistance. Most Galvalume
substrates feature an alloy that is 55% aluminum, 43.5% zinc and 1.5%
silicon. Tests have proven this alloy superior to the zinc-only coating
used in regular Galvanized sheeting. Additionally it is Acrylic Coated,
coating designation AZ-55.
The Goose-neck style DryerJack (Model 486)
provides the same zero result on back pressure but is better adapted to
medium snowfall regions and sloped roofs with medium profile tiles like
S and Spanish S tile.
Made in the USA
Complies with IMC 504.4 & IRC 1502.3
Complies with 2017 code M1502.3.1 (Exhaust termination passageway size).
Professional installation is recommended.
DIY'ers; we recommend Polyurethane Roof and Flashing Sealant
Spec Sheet in PDF format [Click Here]
Plate (flange) size of 12 wide x 12 with rounded corners and 6 nail holes
Structure is 6 wide x 6 and 5.7 above flange
4.12 ID pipe (collar), extends below flange 2.25 inches (silicone sealed)
Material 26 Galvlume® steel
Painted units are powder coated over Galvlume®.
If purchasing more then 8 units, please call us to acquire the best shipping rates.
Not recommended for bathroom exhaust fans with less than 70 cfm output.