Part Number: DRYERJACK-466-COLORS
Powder Coated versions of the same Galvalume DryerJack 466 with a price premium. See "Related" below for no powder coating.
This new generation of roof caps is engineered with intense focus on three critical aspects: zero back pressure, denial of access to birds and rodents and duct cleaning accessible; amenities not found on any other roof termination vent in the industry.
• A damper design providing substantial defenses to bird and rodent entry
• Tuned design providing zero airflow resistance (no back pressure)
• Duct cleaning accessible
• Will meet the 2017 ICC code requiring that the passageway not diminish in size
• Small footprint and low profile "scoop" design
• A watertight extended collar for secure duct docking
• Heavy 26 gauge Galvalume® metal construction
• Nailing flange with rounded corners and 2 nail holes
• Equally suitable for new construction or retrofit installation
• Superb workmanship and pleasant eye appeal
• Powder coated in brown, black or white (select below)
The airflow passageway increases 63% (12.56 sq. inch opening to 20.5) through the DryerJack; this along with the curved damper provides zero inches of water column pressure in real-life testing. Note: Not recommended for use with high to medium-high profile roof tiles like Barrel, Spanish S or S-Tile.
Galvalume: A patented alloy of barrier-resistant aluminum and corrosion-fighting zinc gives Galvalume its superior corrosion resistance. Most Galvalume substrates feature an alloy that is 55% aluminum, 43.5% zinc and 1.5% silicon. Tests have proven this alloy superior to the zinc-only coating used in regular Galvanized sheeting. Additionally it is Acrylic Coated, coating designation AZ-55.
The Goose-neck style DryerJack Model 486 (see below) provides the same zero result on back pressure but is better adapted to medium snowfall regions and sloped roofs with medium profile tiles like S and Spanish S tile.
Made in the USA
Complies with IMC 504.4 & IRC 1502.3
Complies with 2017 code M1502.3.1 (Exhaust termination passageway size).
Professional installation is recommended.
DIY'ers, we recommend Polyurethane Roof and Flashing Sealant
Specs: Spec Sheet in PDF format [Click Here]
Plate (flange) size of 12 wide x 12 with rounded corners and 6 nail holes
Structure is 6 wide x 6 and 5.7 above flange
4.12 ID pipe (collar), extends below flange 2.25 inches (silicone sealed)
Material 26 Galvlume® steel
Colored units are powder coated over Galvlume®.
If purchasing more then 8 units, please call us to acquire the best shipping rates.
Not recommended for bathroom exhaust fans with less than 70 cfm output.